Climbing Gym Staff Certification
CGSC was created to ensure adequate staff training on man-made climbing structures. This certification helps to identify those who have adequate skills necessary to work on or in a climbing program developed by a climbing gym manager.
This is an 6 hour course covering:
· Belaying and basic climbing skills
· Safety and injury prevention
· Operating a verity of climbing elements
· You must pass a skills based belay test at the end of the course. (You may retake the test at a later date if at first you don’t pass)
*Every climbing gym should have every one demonstrate belay skills upon entry no matter what level of certification.
Upon completion individuals will have a firm understanding of the skills necessary to work on man-made climbing structures and will have passed a skills based belay test.
Climbing Gym Manager Certification
CGMC was created to meet the demand for an all-inclusive ropes course and climbing gym certification. This program was developed for climbing mangers of schools, community centers, climbing gyms, ropes course and other man made climbing structures.
This is a 30 hour course covering:
· Creating climbing programs
· Staff training and development
· Developing safety procedures and injury prevention
· Equipment operation and management
Upon completion individuals will have a firm understanding of managing climbing structures and developing safe procedures.
· Current Climbing Gym Staff Certification (CFSC)
· A minimum of 90 days working or volunteering in a climbing gym or ropes course environment.
· Current CPR and First Aid